- Full Time
- Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
- Reference: 033574
-27,000--30,000 Depending on experience
Mon-Fri rotating shifts of:
6am-2pm & 12pm-8pm (Must be willing to work 2pm-10pm when required.
Our client is seeking a motivational shift Manager to lead a team of approx. 20 warehouse Operatives. You will need extensive and consistent experience within a distribution environment, be an energetic leader who strives to meet and exceed strict KPI-s.
- Must be fully IT literate and able to use all available systems and information to plan and forecast resource requirements including working hours and equipment to deliver company service objectives cost-effectively. Also to maintain and publish records and performance statistics.
- Communicate and cooperate with other shift managers to ensure efficient allocation of resources across the operation, as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Provide services support and resource to other parts of the business as required.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement projects as required, and work with support team to implement system and process improvements.
- Carry out quality control and performance audits as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Assist in the recruitment selection induction and training of team members.
- In conjunction with Operations Manager, monitor and develop management skills of reporting junior managers, providing functional training opportunities as appropriate.
- Work with junior managers to provide training and development for all team members.
- Participate in disciplinary processes as required.
- Participate in and contribute to H&S improvement processes as required.
- Manage equipment, ensuring all safety checks are carried out and report any safety issues immediately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create effective working relationships with team members at all levels, and throughout the organisation.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop team members.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload using a range of systems and tools.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to conflicting demands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WMS and relevant ERP applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to utilise knowledge and experience in order to deliver and implement process improvements.
- Solid background in distribution operations
- Experienced in line management - qualification at NVQ level 3 or similar desirable.
- Health and Safety conscious - ideally with IOSH/equivalent qualification
To apply please email your CV in Word format.
If you do not hear back from us within 1 week, we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please don’t let this stop you applying for other roles you may be suitable for. Quality Personnel based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire are an equal opportunities Employer acting as an Employee Agency and Business.
Supplying temporary, permanent and contract workers within Industrial, Office and Engineering sectors - please keep up-to-date with all our opportunities by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or why not sign-up for job alerts on our own website.
Please login or register to apply for this job.